Saturday, May 27, 2017

Whom My Soul Loves

I've been doing lots of research on love in scripture, quotes, songs, and various texts in my quest to write about loving others.  Most everything I run across seems to point to romantic love, not just loving other people where they are and where I am.  This verse is no different but it touched my heart in an unusual way...
"I have found the one whom my soul loves.  ~Song of Solomon 3:4"
This verse is used for weddings, decorations in bedrooms, and couples tattoos.  But it made me think of soulmates...whom my soul loves.

So who does my soul love?  Who is my soulmate?  My soulmate doesn't have to be a romantic love.  My soulmate can be my friend, my parent, my kid, my cohort in crime.  My soulmate is the one that has similar thoughts and ideals to mine but if it isn't the same, it's okay...I respect difference in opinion and can look at things from a different point of view.  That doesn't mean I'll change my thoughts.  I still get to think for myself.  My soulmate is the one who I feel comfortable with whether I'm dressed for a big event or I have my running clothes on with no makeup on and my hair pulled up on top of my head.  My soulmate is the one I can share my stuff with without fearing what they think and without worry that others will be hearing about it.  The doors are locked...where I drop it is where it stays.  Just like my God, I don't put my soulmate in a box to be limited and they don't place me in a box either.  We only look down at the other when we lift each other up.  My soulmate and I connect and understand each other in a ways that are not to be explained and doesn't have to be explained.  It is what it is...I have found the one whom my soul loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment